Thursday, December 23, 2010

INDIGO SCARVES SHIBORI TO GO

Fingers got a bit busy recently.
A friend of mine asked me to make some scarves  using tie & dye.
I set to, cracked me finger joints, Pondered abit - not too long otherwise that would have been dithering - then I set to. 




Little bit of stichin'


Little bit of bindin'


Little bit of wrappin'



Little bit of gatherin'


Give it a good ol' tug


Little bit of compression


Give 'em a dip in the vat


Bob's your Uncle


With Blue Hands


 Little snip & pull


Undoing the stichin'


Finicky Finicky


Little bit of unwrappin'


Nearly there

Pine-Bark Lozenges


Squares


call it Tie-dye, call it Bandhani or Bandhej, call it Shibori
after a couple of weeks had six tussar scarves dyed in natural indigo
to give to my friend
& blue fingernails too !






2 comments:

  1. Simon,

    Amazing just amazing, Just discovered and love your site!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete